We had a bumper weekend of hard work, great team work and lots of fun. Amazing Team work once again from volunteers joining from different organizations. A Big Heart filled Thank You to everyone that helped.
Volunteers attended on Saturday and Sunday respectively to pack 1000 hampers (500 into buckets and 500 into bags). It is difficult to articulate in words the vibe and energy that everyone experienced. We even managed to celebrate Gurudev’s birthday in the process.
- Distribution has now started and we want to do this as swiftly as possible.
- For those communities that have water issues and those in rural areas, the hampers in Buckets would be most appropriate.
- One of the volunteers facilitated the sponsorship of 1000 packets of Movite cereal and 1200 X 5L water which will be added to our distribution efforts.
With regards to distribution and Relief activities this weekend:
Saturday- 21 May 2022
- 70 hampers to be delivered at a place called Damat which is in Savana Park.
- Thereafter we are visiting a community in Pinetown who have been badly affected by the floods to assess their need.
- 70 hampers for Riet River which is in Ottowa. Volunteers who live around that area and are available to assist. There is also clothes to sort out into males/females/children and different sizes.
Sunday 22 May 2022
- Going to Inanda to drop off food in a hall that is housing about 400 people.
- A team of volunteers from Blackburn are fetching 200 buckets together with 7 packets for Tongaat.
- Blackburn is close to Conorbia/Gateway so for those that are up North and want to assist, please do join in. Again volunteers can assist with sorting out clothes.
Video link: https://fb.watch/c-ywKlevlL/